We're a Community.
Christian Fellowship is important as we gather and enjoy the company of fellow believers in Christ. If you are looking for a Christian community, these events are good introduction to the wonderful folks who make up our church family. You are always welcome to contact the church office for more information. Each week we publish The Messenger, a newsletter full of coming events, community activities and special requests for our church community.
You can download this week's Messenger here
PREVIOUS WEEKS' MESSENGERS
July 25, 2021
This Week's Messenger Highlights
Return to In-Person Worship
That moment we have longed for is here! We have returned to in-person worship. Although we are delighted to see faces in the pews, we realize that not everyone is ready to worship inside the building. This is very much a personal decision. We assure you that our live-stream worship service will continue to be a priority as well. For those who decide to return to worship in the building, please adhere to our COVID-safety plan, as required by the provincial government.
- Please do not attend a service in person if you are at all unwell, or if you have any reason to suspect that you have been exposed to COVID.
- You no longer need to register to attend, and seating will not be assigned. However, please be respectful of others and maintain a reasonable distance away from other worshippers.
- Masks are recommended when entering and exiting the building. If you are not wearing a mask, please keep a respectful distance from others, especially if you have not been vaccinated.
- Please sanitize your hands when you enter the building and after you touch any common surfaces.
- There is some increased risk of transmission from singing so, for now, please sing quietly … the Lord will hear your praises just fine.
- Only one person at a time in the washroom please.
- We understand that everyone is excited to worship in community again, but please do not socialize in the building before or after church. It is much safer to socialize outside in the parking lot. Please be respectful of the distance between members of different households.
From Family to Family – Gifts of Love for Mission Boat
Thank You! Thank You! to all those who supported out efforts to raise funds for the BC Mission Boat Society and the indigenous families it serves in isolated BC coastal communities. We raised $2500 to help Mission Boat provide summer programs and other support. Your gifts of love will help them reach over 300 families who have invited the Mission Boat teams into their communities this summer.
Sending love to youth in crisis
Our ongoing local service project is to support the work of Cyrus Center, the youth shelter and outreach program in Chilliwack. To help with this mission, we are collecting socks, underwear and individually wrapped snacks such as granola bars. Your gifts may be brought to the church anytime during office hours. You may also support this project by making a donation to our Local Relief fund. We are also participating in the Meal Train, providing dinner once or twice a month for youth staying in the shelter, or without access to regular meals. To help with the meal preparation please contact the office.
Thank you for your continued financial support
These are financially challenging times for many individual and organizations, including churches. We have appreciated all those who have continued to support the work of this congregation through difficult times. There are several ways to contribute:
- Etransfer your gift to [email protected] You may designate some of your offering for special projects by indicating your wishes in the Message section of the transfer screen. We are set up for auto deposit so you will not need to provide us with a password. If this is your first gift to us, and you would like a charitable receipt, please include your full name and mailing address in the Message section of the transfer.
- Mail cheques to the church at 8871 School St. Chilliwack, BC V2P 4L5. Please do not send cash through the mail.
- Put your cash or cheques in an envelope and put through the mail slot at the front door of the church. The gates are open so you may access the building from 10 am-2 pm Monday to Thursday. Please include your full name, and your mailing address if this is your first gift to us.
- Those affected by the COVID pandemic around the world, especially those working in health care and other essential services.
- Lutheran Bible Translators Mike and Kara Kuhn and their children who have returned to the mission field in Cameroon. We especially thank God for the family's recovery from Covid-19 and for the successful treatment for malaria for one of the children.
- Pastors, missionaries and teachers who are still working tirelessly to bring the Word of God to a world that is broken and afraid.