We're a Community.
Christian Fellowship is important as we gather and enjoy the company of fellow believers in Christ. If you are looking for a Christian community, these events are good introduction to the wonderful folks who make up our church family. You are always welcome to contact the church office for more information. Each week we publish The Messenger, a newsletter full of coming events, community activities and special requests for our church community. You can download a copy of this week's Messenger here
March 4, 2018
March 11 2018
This Week's "Messenger" Highlights ...
Lent is here!
Yes, it seems that we just put away the Christmas decorations and the season of Lent has arrived. We have a number of special events to help us reflect and prepare as we journey towards Easter
- Wednesdays, February 21 to March 21 - we will gather each week at 5:30 pm for our Lenten Servant Event which is making Gospel bracelets for use by Most Ministries in their eyeglass clinics in third world countries. We will also be collecting used eyeglases (in good repair) for distribution at these clinics in impoverished lands. A potluck supper will begin at 6:00 pm followed by a Lenten Worship Service.
- Maundy Thursday - Thursday, March 29. We will begin with a potluck supper at 6:00 pm followed by a Service of Holy Communion to commemorate our Lord's "Last Supper."
- Good Friday - Friday, March 30 - A Service of Darkness will begin at 7:00 pm as we reflect on the sacrifice of Christ upon the cross.
- Easter Sunday - Sunday, April 1 - The Lord is Risen Indeed! We will begin with breakfast (by donation), served from 9-10 am. Proceeds will support our work with Cyrus Center, the youth shelter and outreach program in Chilliwack. Faith Life Financial will match the funds raised so your donation doubles. Our worship celebration of the Resurrection will begin at 10:30 am.
Welcome home churches
When you can't get to church in person you can still join us for worship online. Each week we live streaming our second service (Praise! at 10:45 am). You will find the link at Church Online.
Please pray for ...
- The refugee family that the Lord will send us to sponsor in 2018.
- Lutheran Bible Translators Mike and Kara Kuhn and their children who have returned to Galim, Cameroon to continue translating the Bible into the Nizaa language ... And for Martin and Joan Weber who will soon return to Cameroon to continue working with the Kwanja people.
- Our missionaries in Cartago, Costa Rica. We are supporting their work this year by providing donations for educational resources. missionary stipends and a feeding program for children in that impoverished area of Costa Rica.
- The unrest and upheaval throughout the world - especially for the victims of terrorism