We're a Community.
Christian Fellowship is important as we gather and enjoy the company of fellow believers in Christ. If you are looking for a Christian community, these events are good introduction to the wonderful folks who make up our church family. You are always welcome to contact the church office for more information. Each week we publish The Messenger, a newsletter full of coming events, community activities and special requests for our church community. You can download a copy of this week's Messenger here
January 7, 2018
January 14, 2018
This Week's "Messenger" Highlights ...
Thank You for Being a Blessing
During the Advent season your gifts of love made a difference to those in our community who are less fortunate than ourselves. At our Advent Servant Events you provided:
- 60 children's Christmas stockings for families who attend programs at Ruth and Naomi's Street Ministry. The children each received a stocking filled with Bible crafts, books, toys and other goodies.
- 70 plates of Christmas goodies that brightened the day for all our neighbors at The Village supportive housing complex and also for some special folks associated with our congregation.
- 53 packages of warm socks, toques, gloves and scarves for the youth staying at the Cyrus Centre youth shelter
Our next Servant Events will be held in conjunction with our Lenten Evening Programs which begin February 14. Details will be announced soon.
Welcome home churches
When you can't get to church in person you can still join us for worship online. Each week we live streaming our second service (Praise! at 10:45 am). You will find the link at Church Online.
Please pray for ...
- Those affected by hurricanes, earthquakes and other natural disasters throughout the world.
- Lutheran Bible Translators Mike and Kara Kuhn and their children who have returned to Galim, Cameroon to continue translating the Bible into the Nizaa language ... And for Martin and Joan Weber who will soon return to Cameroon to continue working with the Kwanja people.
- Our missionaries in Cartago, Costa Rica. We are supporting their work this year by providing donations for educational resources. missionary stipends and a feeding program for children in that impoverished area of Costa Rica.
- The unrest and upheaval throughout the world - especially for the victims of terrorism