Calendar - Worship Services
Return to In-Person Worship - Sunday, June 13
That moment we have longed for is almost here! We will be returning to in-person worship on June 13. We ask for your patience as we work out the details on how to worship inside the building safely. Although we are delighted that in-person worship is now allowed, we realize that not everyone is ready to worship inside the building. This is very much a personal decision. We assure you that our live-stream worship service will continue to be a priority as well. For those who decide to return to worship in the building, please adhere to our COVID-safety plan, as required by the provincial government.
- Please do not attend a service in person if you are at all unwell, or if you have any reason to suspect that you have been exposed to COVID.
- The health orders currently allow up to 50 people in an indoor worship service, but the exact number in each building depends on several other factors, such as physical distancing. In reality, when we implement all of the required safety measures, we will be closer to a maximum attendance of 40. We will allow as many people into the building each service as we can, while following all of the required safety regulations. Until the health orders are amended to allow more worshippers, we might need to ask you to worship from home on occasion. This will depend on how many people are ready to return to in-person worship.
- You must registered to attend a service in person, and seating will be assigned. Please contact the church office as early in the week as possible to reserve space for your household. We will be seating two individuals, or one couple, or one family, per pew and we are using every third pew, ensuring that worshippers are appropriately distanced
- Masks must be worn inside the building, even when you are seated in the pew. Masks for children under age 12 are at their parent's discretion.
- Please sanitize your hands when you enter the building and after you touch any common surfaces.
- Only soloists are are permitted to sing in the building at this time - if you are worshipping in the building, please do not sing out loud. The day is coming soon when we can truly sing and shout out our praises to God. In the meantime, please sign in your heart.
- Only one person at a time in the washroom please.
- We understand that everyone is excited to worship in community again, but please do not socialize in the building before or after church. It is much safer to socialize outside in the parking lot. Please be respectful of the distance between members of different households.
- We will safely offer Holy Communion each Sunday beginning June 20. More information will be provided at the worship service.
Holy Cross Lutheran Preaching Station, Hope, BC
We are unable to offer services in Hope during the COVID pandemic. Please join us for online worship from St. Paul's, Chilliwack. Services begin at 10:00 am and remain on the website for four weeks Watch the service now. For more information contact our local representative Linda Vandermeulen at 604-869-2073